- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Highway to re-open following truck crash
Posted at 8:12am Friday 09 Feb, 2018
UPDATED 1.26PM: One lane of State Highway 2, between Opotiki and Gisborne, has reopened following the truck crash early this morning.
The recovery team has been working hard to clear the road after the truck overturned, blocking both lanes.
The road is expected to fully reopen within the next hour, says police.
"Police would like to thank motorists in the area for their patience."
An overturned truck has forced police to close State Highway 2, between Opotiki and Gisborne.
Police say the truck has overturned at Matawai and the road is completely blocked.
“The driver appears uninjured.
“The road is closed and is expected to remain so for most of the day while heavy lifting equipment is used to clear the scene.”
Motorists are being advised to delay travel in the area or use alternative routes.
“Police would like to thank drivers for their patience in advance.”
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Woman murdered in Opotiki
- Blair’s back in a smiley place
- Drifting action heats up at Baypark
- Victim:paedophile's sentence not enough
- Strong winds forecast as Gita hits NZ
- Community speaks out on traffic bylaw
- Gita bearing down on New Zealand
- Danni is the Bay’s top young grower
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Opotiki homicide: murder charge laid
- Poll on Maori wards in Whakatane
- Birth rate down to record low
- Youth smoking is at an all-time low
- Pokies causing growing harm - Sallies
- Opotiki murder accused appears in court
- Speed camera on the way for Pukehina
- Last chance to vote on water bottling
- Parts of Desert Road to close
- Tanker losing head over ‘botched’ bridge
- Cracking down on drugged drivers
- Fourteen-year-old charged with robbery
- Crayfish fishing ban wanted in BOP
- No weed campaigning at One Love
- Council hunting dangerous dogs
- Compensation over sulphuric fuel