- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
- Serious crash closes Thames highway
Cash stolen in petrol station robbery
Posted at 3:22pm Monday 12 Feb, 2018
Police are on the hunt for a man who attempted to disguise himself during an armed robbery at a Bay of Plenty petrol station.
The robbery happened at the Gull Service Station on the corner of Domain Road and King Street, Whakatane, earlier today.
One disguised man carrying a weapon entered the service station at approximately 12.40am, says Detective Senior Sergeant Greg Standen.
The man threatened the forecourt attendant and robbed the service station of a yet to be determined amount of cash.
The man then fled the scene south down King Street and then on to Victoria Avenue.
The forecourt attendant was shaken but not injured as a result of the robbery, the second of which he has experienced in recent months.
The offender has not been identified as yet and police would like to hear from any residents in the area around the service station who may have seen something which could assist our enquiries, says Greg.
“The offender was observed loitering in the area prior to the robbery, so we are asking any people in the area around the time of the robbery, who may have seen something, to get in touch," says Detective Senior Sergeant Greg Standen.
If you can help, please contact Whakatane Police on 07 308 5255.
Information can also be provided anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Woman murdered in Opotiki
- Blair’s back in a smiley place
- Drifting action heats up at Baypark
- Victim:paedophile's sentence not enough
- Strong winds forecast as Gita hits NZ
- Community speaks out on traffic bylaw
- Gita bearing down on New Zealand
- Danni is the Bay’s top young grower
- Happy Chinese New Year
- Opotiki homicide: murder charge laid
- Poll on Maori wards in Whakatane
- Birth rate down to record low
- Youth smoking is at an all-time low
- Pokies causing growing harm - Sallies
- Opotiki murder accused appears in court
- Speed camera on the way for Pukehina
- Last chance to vote on water bottling
- Parts of Desert Road to close
- Tanker losing head over ‘botched’ bridge
- Cracking down on drugged drivers
- Fourteen-year-old charged with robbery
- Crayfish fishing ban wanted in BOP
- No weed campaigning at One Love
- Council hunting dangerous dogs
- Compensation over sulphuric fuel