- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Bay man identified as homicide victim
Posted at 1:58pm Wednesday 07 Mar, 2018
A Bay of Plenty man has been identified as the victim of a suspected homicide in the Hawke’s Bay area.
Police have completed the scene examination at Flaxmere where a man was found late on Sunday 4 March, near the Flax Bar and Eatery.
“A post mortem has been completed and Police can now confirm that the deceased was 40-year-old Kelly Alex Donner from Opotiki,” says a statement from police.
“Items of interest located will now be forensically examined to establish their relevance to the investigation.
“The investigation team would like to thank members of the public that have come forward with information, however Police still encourage anyone that may have knowledge of the incident to contact the Hawke’s Bay Police on 06 873 0500.”
Alternatively, information can be left anonymously via Crimestopppers on 0800 555 111.
“Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Mr Donner at this stressful and tragic time.”