- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Murder investigation inquiries continue
Posted at 6:54am Monday 12 Mar, 2018
Inquiries are continuing into the death of 40-year-old Kelly Alex Donner, who was found dead outside a pub in Flaxmere on Sunday March 11.
Hawke’s Bay Police are appealing to the Flaxmere community for any information, no matter how insignificant you think it may be.
“The investigation team today executed a number of search warrants, items of interest were located, and a number of people have been spoken to,” says Detective Inspector Mike Foster.
Nobody has yet been charged in relation to the Opotiki man’s death.
“Someone out there will know who is responsible for the needless and merciless killing of Mr Donner and I am appealing for them to come forward and speak with us,” says Mike.
“Even if you think your information might not be relevant, we’d welcome your call so we can make an assessment and build up a picture of the victim’s death and establish who was responsible," he says.
People who can help are asked to contact our dedicated inquiry phone line on 06 873 0561.
Alternatively, you can provide details anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.