- Harleys on tour for another year
- Regions monitor remnants of Cylone Gita
- Fraud victims to contact police
- Thunderstorms loom over Bay of Plenty
- Rethinking trade waste
- Toxic slugs suspected in dog deaths
- A dozen Kaiaua houses uninhabitable
- Prepping for tonight’s high tide
- Evacuations and road closures
- Serious crash in Coromandel
- Sister’s plea: help find my brother
- Waihi high hazard zone ground movement
- Civil Defence issues tsunami warning
- Red Fox cold case re-opens
- Four dead, two injured in Waikato crash
Live: Cyclone Hola
Posted at 6:59am Monday 12 Mar, 2018
Cyclone Hola is on track to bring heavy rain and severe gales to regions in the north and east of the North Island.
MetService says it’s expected to move south-eastwards from Cape Reinga to just east of Gisborne throughout the day, before moving away from New Zealand during Tuesday.
The heaviest rain and strongest wind is expected in Northland, Great Barrier Island, Coromandel Peninsula and Gisborne, with Auckland and Bay of Plenty likely to get strong winds as well.
Follow our liveblog coverage: